Wednesday, May 7, 2008







We have finally done something worth blogging. Nevermind the recent marriage, relocation to the eastcoast, eastern civilization integration (failure), and scientific experimentations...WE GOT A PUPPY!!! We have been in the market for over two months due to Melanie's paranoia of the crime invested neighborhoods of Maryland. After disclosing every personal detail to dog adoption agencies, we've realized that this will be the ONLY adoption process we'll EVER subject ourselves to. Who knew that applying for a stray dog that was euthenasia bound would mean a 10 page application, home inspection, and lists of references...you would think that any environment would be better than death. Anyway...we're happy and proud parents of a 9-week old boxer...the name of which is yet to be determined. We are open to suggestions however all names resembling your own name or members of your family will be immediately overlooked.



















13 comments:

Fujitales said...

Yay - welcome to the blogging world! Congrats on such a cute puppy! I think he looks like Phil! Can't wait to meet him in person, I'm so glad Mel will now have a bed mate since Phillip hasn't turned out to be very reliable!

Jelly said...

I'm so happy that you are blogging and have a puppy. Question though...boy or girl? Jaleen

Lambini said...

awesome. welcome welcome!!

Erick and Megan said...

Congrats on the puppy guys! We sure love our Rocky. As far as name suggestions go...he looks like possibly a Beauregard, Mr Bojangles, Billy Jean, Napoleon or maybe a Moses. Petey is a good name too. Andy is a good solid name as well...looks a little like him too. Yeah, that's a tough decision guys. Good luck.

Fujitales said...

Oh and my pick for a name.... wait for it....

Phelanie - (sounds like felony) or...
Mellip works too, but I think Phelanie has some real potential!
Good luck with that - we had 9 months to come up with names for our kids, but always managed to wait until 10 minutes before we had to check out of the hospital to get it done!

B

SJ said...

I am so excited that you have a blog! I love your puppy and it looks so pretty there!

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

Excellent! Welcome to the world of inter-buddies.

And hooray for the puppy!!

Darby Family said...

So cute. You have only been married 4 months and you already have a child. I guess a dog is a good way to figure out if you really want the real deal. What is his/her name?

Maren said...

Is that a boy or a girl puppy? If its a boy I suggest Heath. If its a girl I suggest Ruthie.

tjcool18 said...

Bloggers of the world unite!

I am really jealous, your dog looks awesome. I heard on CNN today that Maryland is under water. I hope you aren't dealing with floods.

BunchesofBradys said...

Awesome blog. Let's see...names for the pup.
How about Brownie, Nutmeg. Or, for a more solid name...
Bandit, or Dallas...hmmm...well, it's a try.

Kristy said...

Hi Mel! Welcome to the blogging world. Your dog is sooo cute! may I suggest Zissou? (Pronounced ZeeZu) That is what I would name a dog if I ever wanted an animal. Happy name searching! Here is my blog: Tom-Kristy.blogspot.com

lisa c. said...

mel! welcome to the world of blogging. Your puppy is so cute and I like the name suggestions that have been given.
lisa
lisa
http://lisasruminations.blogspot.com/