Saturday, August 21, 2010

CROCS...yes or no???

I've always been a croc hater. ALWAYS. Don't like them, don't want them, and don't really want to see them. What does one do when a spouse arrives home with the despised purchase for our son? Compromise. It was hard...but I did it. Our compromise resulted in this fantastic sun tan.





If you didn't notice...he has approximately 5-6 clearly tanned dots on his feet marking the fabulous design of the shoe.


I think Alisa said it best in a statement she made on her blog, "I truly do not understand these plastic contraptions and their various offspring which seem to be taking over the world two ugly shoes at a time." *
*I did not receive permission from the author of this quote. Please forgive Alisa :)

6 comments:

Darcie said...

i agree with both alisa and you! poor chase with his polka dot tan, but I'm glad it wasn't a sunburn. even if i saw him wearing crocs i wouldn't notice because his face is just so so adorable.

Blog Blah said...

I have to admit for children I am all for them...the dots aren't fun but the whole hose them down, play in the mud, easy to put on options are pretty nice. When are you two coming out again?

michelle said...

I don't get the world's love of those ugly things! There are velcro tennis shoes that are just as easy to put on and they don't cause nausea when you look at them.

Erick and Megan said...

amen sister.

Fujitales said...

Amen.
I too am not a lover of croc fashion, but when it comes to squirmy toddlers and 3 year olds who can put them on by themselves, i'm converted.

I's so glad you got a picture of those cute feet. As often as my kids wear them, they have yet to get tan 'dots' from them. I guess they haven't had them on enough!

So glad you guys could come visit. We miss you already!

Fujitales said...

And just for the record, the word "I's" that I used in that last comment is not my attempt at ebonics. A frican elephant...