Monday, June 29, 2009

"Turn off the burner," said Phil...

Phil is always tellin me to turn the oven and burners off when I'm done...well I learned my lesson today and I will finally take his advice. I made brownies today to surprise Phil...I NEVER bake for him so I thought I would make a tasty treat for our Monday FHE night. I was very careful not to burn the brownies IN the oven...and figured once I took them out, I was off the hook of any dangers that would ruin my wonderful surprise. Well I guess that I had forgotten to turn off the stupid burner after making dinner and placed my wonderfully perfect brownies on the burner that was still lit (it only had a little flame...I'm not completely oblivious). Tell me this has happened to someone else! This definitely tops the night when I accidentally elbowed the pan that held our dinner and splattered ALL over the floor.

The bottom of my brownie pan...

In other news. Chase has rolled over and I actually witnessed it :)





4 comments:

Andy and Saramarie Bourne said...

I always forget to turn off the oven and stove. I never fail to burn at least one batch of cookies. Just last Saturday I made cookies and burned two batches. I always forget to take them out. One time I was roasting walnuts and forgot about them. We left to go to dinner and I remembered after we got there, so Andy had to run home and turn off the oven.

Maren said...

Oh I've done much worse. It's a long story but I think you'll appreciate it. Once when I was in college I made dinner for the boy I was dating and his friends. 5 minutes before they were coming I pulled a piping hot chicken tortilla casserole out of the oven in a pyrex dish and placed it squarely on the burner. Unbeknownst to me it was still on, and as they walked in the door the pyrex imploded on itself from the heat. They ate my tortilla casserole a la glass shards anyway because I almost had a nervous breakdown I was so upset. And it was Sunday and they had nothing else to eat. Maybe that was it.

Fujitales said...

I do manage to turn the stove off, but I tend to leave other things running, like the hose for 10-12 hours after I filled up the kiddie pool, or leaving my lights on in my car so the battery is dead the next day. The list could go on...

Tell Phillip it was the thought that counts when it comes to burnt brownies!

Lisa and Ryan said...

At least you did not leave the chicken buring so long that it turnded into coal, filled the house up with smoke so much that I could smell it from my car, and not even realisze it because you were in your room (which was right next to the kitchen) talking on the phone. I had a roommate that did that one. It took over a month to get the smell out.