Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy Birthday....

To my HOT and AWESOME husband!




Okay...so I told myself and Phil that I wouldn't be all cheesy and post a blog entry dedicated to him for his birthday...I changed my mind. Why not?

He's awesome for so many reasons...here's a few to chomp on.

  • He can do anything better than me. Sometimes it makes me mad...not really :) Example...I cook most of the meals around this joint and rarely, other than BBQ, does he come near the kitchen (most of that is due to time constraints). He waltzes into the kitchen the other night with a bag of gourmet groceries and whips up an AMAZING pasta without a recipe...better than any I've ever attempted. Grrrr....jokes.
  • He loves sauces and condiments and will practically try ANY condiment on any dish. Sometimes it doesn't work out. The worst is when we have waffles because he mixes them all (honey, PB, jam, syrup, powdered sugar, fruit) on the same waffle for an overbearing breakfast experience. Maybe it's how he wakes up. WOW.
  • He can fix anything...and I mean anything.
  • His lips are huge...a Bourne trait that hopefully passes on to our children. I'll feel so bad if I give my dried up skinny lips to the kids.
  • He looks great with or without a shave...can't say the same for me (legs)
  • He is the hardest worker I know...which is slightly amusing to me because I had an ungrounded concern about his work ethic in San Diego...who actually works in SD when the beach is minutes away?
  • He is the scout of all scouts...a true Idahoan.
  • Witty, clever, sarcastic...you name it
  • He has an interest in practically everything and has quite the list of hobbies...naming a few: guitar, painting, constructing robots, reading books such as Isaac Newton and Einstein biographies, fly fishing (also tying the artificial flys he uses as bait), rollar hockie, running (he started running with me in San Diego and now has surpassed me as the better runner...again grrrr), cooking, camping, hiking, biking, restoring rusted old bikes, backpacking, rock climbing, wakeboarding, wind surfing, surfing, and videography
  • He volunteers to help with the baby at all hours of the night even when he has a 16 hour day ahead of him...of course I don't allow it but I totally appreciate the kind offers
  • Chase seriously adores him. Everytime Chase hears his voice he looks around to find him and just stares at him while smiling. Phil is a great father.
  • He's addicted to Diet Coke...but won't admit it. Jaleen knows what I'm talking about :)

Smart, funny, talented, kind...what more could I ask for in a husband. I just love him :)

2 comments:

Fujitales said...

Wow, you make him sound like such a catch! I just thought he was my bratty little brother. Cute post - I hate those husbands that turn out to be better at stuff than you are!
Oh and I know what you mean about that work ethic, there were some years in there that we all were a little worried!! Somehow camping, hiking, surfing, biking always seemed to come first - but somehow he always made it work. Happy birthday little brother.

Blog Blah said...

I love you both...you are so funny, miss you both very much! Your son is adorable!!! Happy Birthday Phil!Is he really still not admitting it? =)