Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Christmas came early :)


Christmas came early this year with a lovely gift from my in-laws! After many years of secretly wanting a sewing machine...I FINALLY have my very own and I LOVE it. It came just in time so that I could piece together the quilts for a service project for Relief Society. Although I will take credit for the stitching, I can't take credit for the lovely material combinations (sarcastic comment). I used the best material from the donated scraps we asked ladies to provide...I guess I don't live in Utah where craftiness is found in abundance...I'll note that for future projects :)




Oh and I think we're all waiting to hear who won the competition that Phil initiated...it's not very nice to keep us all in suspense like this!!

1 comment:

Fujitales said...

So glad you love your sewing machine - call me anytime if you have questions, I love mine too! Good job on getting two quilts done so quickly! I'm excited to see your real skills put to the test when you can really pick out your own fabric for your baby!

Now what is the competition Phillip started? Am I just in the dark?