Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Journal Bribe



If you can't read his handwriting, it says "You can spend this when you find it" and placed in my journal was a crisp 100 dollar bill :)
Have I spent the money? NO. I am an honest person and will not take what is not earned.
Is $100 dollars incentive enough to actually write in my journal? Since he tried to bribe me over 3 weeks ago and I have yet to make a journal entry apparently it's not an adequate price for the effort it would take.

CONFESSION...I have written in journals before, in fact I had two journals full of entries cover to cover, however, I have destroyed them (before I was married...I'm not sure Phil would allow that to happen). It started with a curiosity to read old entries...after a grimace and a disapproval of the grammar, the content, or the organization, I simply ripped out a single entry...this happened again and again and left my journal with obvious holes so the only logical thing to do was throw the entire thing away. Now that I'm married to an advocate of Journaling, what I put on paper is permanent...no remedies allowed :(


Oh by the way...the wedding dress picture was taken a month ago...I can no longer fit. Here's our belly competition (Phil's trying to keep up with me)




I'm bordering 6 months pregnant (25 weeks) ...and we found out that we're having a BOY :)

7 comments:

rsdarby said...

What a cute prego you are! And hooray for boys. That is so exciting. Ryan and I find out what our little "It" is Dec. 1st. Congrats!

Kristy said...

Yay for boys! Oh, I can't even tell that you are prego! I hope you are feeling good! I am due in 11 days, and I think I might die. Just kidding. Happy baby boy shopping!

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

But really? You still look awesome. Quite possibly one of the cutest pregos ever.

And I can't say that I would be so disciplined in not spending that 100 bucks. Perhaps you should tell B to start bribing me...I could use a new pair of winter shoes.

SJ said...

I love how at the end of your post you throw in the fact that your having a boy. That should be the first thing on your blog!

I am so FREAKIN Excited that you updated your blog (all on your own) and that you are HAVING A BOY!!!
You are so cute for a pregnant momma :)

lisa c. said...

Cute Phil! And cute to you too Mel:) No, I"m really so excited for the both of you, having a boy!! woohoo!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! -You're going to have a little strawberry blonde terror running around.

Unknown said...

Mel - you do NOT look pregnant! It appears that you have eaten nothing more than a large dinner! You are the tiniest 6 monther ever. CONGRATS ON THE BABY BOY! Ill tell Gabe, hes going to cry some jealous tears!