Friday, November 14, 2008

We're getting EVICTED

Okay, not really evicted...but it kinda feels like it. Our wonderful landlord called us last week and informed us that he cannot renew our lease because he is going to let his son and daughter in-law live in our cute little townhouse. Now, this alone is not the problem. He wants us to move out February 1st...TWO WEEKS before I'm due to have a baby. Excuse me? Is it possible to move when you are moments away from delivering? Apparently our unsympathetic landlord believes so as he won't let us out of our lease early and doesn't seem to have any suggestions for a reasonable comprimise. Bless his heart, he did suggest that we pay through the end of our lease (January) yet move out anytime we wanted...basically suggesting that we pay for two places for the month of January. I'm glad I got his permission for that genius idea. All plans to paint the nursery have been put on hold.

1 comment:

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

Oh. That's a serious bummer. I hope you get everything worked out okay! Grrr. I hate renting.