Wednesday, September 16, 2009

WHO DOES THIS????

I woke up this morning and discovered that the entire top of the cake was missing. Not a bite left with the perfect frosting that used to beautifully lay on top. On Saturday night Phil discovered that the cake tasted much better with less chocolate and more frosting. Eating the top half of the cake was that perfect ratio. (kind of like my brother Brian who insists that the perfect ratio of nuts is 1 Almond to 3 peanuts...and literally counts them every bite) I must admit I did take part a little in Phil's discovery.

Our Reason: We wanted to and we could because we're the parents now!!!


CHASE UPDATE... He's army crawling!!! I just love it. This morning was the first sign of trouble. I walked away for a few minutes and upon my return I saw that Chase had found a pen which marked up his face. BRING ON THE MISCHIEF!!!!


7 comments:

michelle said...

I agree with Phil. You have to have to right cake to frosting ratio to make it enjoyable. The man knows what he's talking about. Ha ha! You're gonna have your hands full now that Chase is moving around. Just wait until he finds a pen and draws on the walls or furniture. That's not quite so easy to clean off.

Darcie said...

can i just say that chase is so stinkin' adorable. really, a very beautiful little guy. he's gonna be a heartbreaker! fun times for you now that he is on the go :)

Bournes said...

Michelle-
WHAT??? Where is your loyalty as MY friend :) You don't even know Phil and you're sticking up for him!!! ha ha! I see that Jeff has conditioned you to agree with the males of the household :) ha ha. (to all readers...that is completely false.) And, I'm definitely not looking forward to the day when he ruins my furniture...I don't own the walls so that will be forgiveable.

Bournes said...

Darcie- Thanks. You are seriously so nice. Dude...I'm loving the rolls more than anything but I'm anxiously awaiting the day when his neck finally appears. I'm sick of digging around in all his rolls to clean it :)

Maryland Madness said...

Part of this story you all don't know is that Mel finished off my Hawaiian Hey Stack while I wasn't looking at dinner. After that incident, I felt as though the kitchen owed me so I acted out and finished off the cake top. Thats right, finished off the damage that had already been done earlier that day while I was at work!!

michelle said...

Mel, I'm still loyal to you, but as an expert on chocolate I had to give the facts. But now that I hear you were stealing Phil's haystack I may have to turn my loyalty to him as I know exactly how he feels. Remember the no bake cookies inccident? LOL!

Tara H said...

When I saw the photo I totally thought this was going to be a post about Bogart ; )